Santa Monica Employment Lawyer Jeffrey Cowan and The Cowan Law Firm represent both employees and employers in disputes arising from a broad range of circumstances. A Martindale-
Whether you are an employer who is facing litigation because an employee is raising allegations of misconduct or you are an employee whose rights have been violated in the workplace, Attorney Jeffrey Cowan and The Cowan Law Firm will ensure that your case is handled with the utmost professionalism.
Contact us at (310) 394-
The Cowan Law Firm represents both employers and employees in a wide variety of Employment Law Disputes, including:
• Employment Law Class Actions – Generally, actions based on wage & overtime violations, employee / independent contractor misclassification, and discriminatory practices.
• Sexual Harassment – Broadly defined under the law, sexual harassment encompasses a large range of conduct ranging from inappropriate comments to physical touching.
• Whistleblower Claims – Whistleblower Laws provide protection against retaliatory actions or wrongful termination for employees who step forward to report illegal conduct or wrongdoing in the workplace.
• Workplace Discrimination – Discrimination may be subtle or overt, and takes many forms. It is unlawful to discriminate against an employee based on their age (40+ years of age), religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, gender and disability.
• Wrongful Termination – Although California is an at-
Additionally, our Santa Monica Employment Attorneys handle WARN Act Cases as well as DFEH (Department of Fair Employment & Housing) and EEOC (Equal Employment Opportunity Commission) Complaints.
Subject to specific exemptions, the WARN Act (Worker Readjustment and Retraining Notification Act) requires large employers to provide at least 60 days’ notice to employees prior to carrying out a mass layoff or closing a plant.
The DFEH and EEOC oversee allegations of Employment Discrimination and provide specific remedies to individuals whose rights have been violated by their employer.
The Firm also has substantial experience counseling clients (employers and employees) about employment issues, including giving preventative advice, reviewing employment contracts, negotiating severance agreements, and drafting employee handbooks.
For answers to all of your Employment Law questions, please call Santa Monica Employment Lawyer Jeffrey Cowan & The Cowan Law Firm at (310) 394-
Call (310) 394-
9301 Wilshire Blvd, Suite 609
Beverly Hills, California 90210
Employment Attorney • Business Trial Lawyer
The Cowan Law Firm
Phone: (310) 394-
Fax: (310) 394-
9301 Wilshire Blvd.
Beverly Hills, CA 90210
2425 Olympic Blvd, Suite 4000 W
Santa Monica CA 90404
Our Firm continues operations remotely
due to the impact of COVID-